The Factors to Keep Your Dance Floor Packed
The Factors To Keep Your Dance Floor Packed
THE THREE FACTORS TO KEEP YOUR DANCE FLOOR PACKED:
#1 SONG SELECTION
This may be the most important aspect of your reception once the dance floor opens up. You have to make sure the songs you select will get everyone of all ages moving, dancing, and having fun.
#2 GAMES / EVENTS
It's impossible to keep your guests dancing the entire night unless you give them breaks. Games and events are a great way to break things up and give everyone a breather.
The interaction the couple has with their guests on the dance floor can put the icing on the cake when it comes to dance floor energy and fun. Your guests will follow your lead if you are out on the dance floor dancing and having fun!
#1 SONG SELECTION
TIPS FOR SONG SELECTION
- Stick fairly close to the lists below when choosing songs if you want your wedding guests to be dancing for a majority of the night.
- This doesn’t mean you can’t add a song off of the lists but depending on the song it may kill the dance floor.
- Use the cocktail hour to play songs you and your significant other enjoy that may or may not be well known to your guests.
- Group dances like the Cupid Shuffle or Cha Cha Slide may drive you crazy, but they are automatic dance floor fillers for everyone of all ages.
- Slower songs are also great additions that bring everyone of all ages onto the dance floor
- The “Do Not Play List” should be fairly well thought out. Nothing worse than hearing (terrible band) when you hate (terrible band).
- If you have people of multiple age groups attending make sure to select a few songs from multiple decades to make everyone happy.
Song Selection Resources:
"These are the most popular wedding songs in America — and the ones your state loves" - (Link)
"DJ Intelligence Most Requested Songs of 2017" (Link)
"Mobile Beat Top Songs as of May 2016" (With Lists by Decade) (Link)
#2 GAMES / ACTIVITES
TIPS FOR GAMES / ACTIVITIES
- Pick 1 to 3 games with the expectation that only 2 or 3 will be provided.
- Games should only be used when there is a lull in the dancing and energy level.
- Use the activities before the dance floor opens to keep everyone engaged in the reception. Depending on your guests, one game and one activity may be plenty.
- Check with your DJ and MC to see what games and activities they are most comfortable providing.
- Your DJ or MC will be guiding your guests through the games and activities.
- The "Shoe Game" and "Wedding Scavenger Hunt" are the most popular games and activities we provide.
Game / Activities Resources:
TIPS FOR NON-DANCERS
- Nothing is more of a dance floor killer than a bride and groom whom don't dance with their family and friends. Your guests will follow what you do.
- Schedule time to talk / interact with your family and guests before the dance floor opens. Then, when the dancing starts you can be fully focused to lead everyone in the fun.
- If you have two left feet the easiest thing for you to do is to choose and learn popular dance- along songs (Cupid Shuffle, Boot Scoot and Boogie, Wobble, etc). See link below.
- Reach out and ask your family and guests what songs they would dance to during the reception. Doing this will ensure everyone is happy and more comfortable out on the dance floor.
- Invite a guest or two that you know will be confidently and appropriately dancing all night long with little encouragement.
Contact Diamond Entertainment
Fill out the form below to receive information on our
pricing, packages, and availability, and to receive a playlist of our top wedding songs of all-time!